Hollow Structural Sections Design Basics (course)
Webinar - 0.1 CEU
Duration: 1h 20 min
This module covers the design of hollow structural section (HSS) members to resist tensile, compressive, flexural, and combined loads. Simple connections are also discussed, and design examples are presented.
The topics covered in this module include:
- HSS Member Design Concepts
- Design of HSS Tension Members
- Design of HSS Compression Members
- Design of HSS Flexural Members
- Design of HSS Beam Columns
- Design of Class 4 HSS Members
- Design of HSS Members for Torsion
Eligibility for CEUs
CEUs will be issued for this webinar to participants that meet the following criteria:
- Participant must attend at least 75% of the webinar
- CEUs are only eligible for a participant with a 90% attention rating. In order to maximize your rating the webinar must be full screen. Working on other things while the webinar is running (i.e. not full attention) minimizes your attention rating. The webinar platform automatically tracks your rating.
- CEUs are issued to the registered contact person only (person with assigned seat)
- Upon your purchase, you will receive an email to register course participant seat(s). Assignment of your seat is necessary for course registration, a necessary step, even if you have purchased only one. Please check your junk folder if not in your inbox. An email for course material downloads (if applicable), will be provided after checkout. Courses are non-refundable. Rescheduling may be possible (conditions apply) up to 3 business days prior to the start of the course.
- This course includes pdf handouts.