HSS Trusses & Welded Connections - Session 2 (course)
Webinar - 0.15 CEU
Duration: 1h 30 min
This module covers the design of hollow structural section (HSS) trusses and the design of welded truss-type HSS connections. Design methods follow CSA S16:19 and contemporary international guidance by CIDECT (Comité International pour le Développement et l’Étude de la Construction Tubulaire), ISO (International Organization for Standardization) and IIW (International Institute of Welding).
Continuing from Session 1, the basis for connection resistance is covered, then a description of HSS connection limit states (or failure modes) is given. This leads to the nominal strength (and resistance) expressions that represent these limit states, which are bound by a set of limits of validity. To illustrate a typical design procedure, a design example is performed for the common case of a rectangular HSS-to-HSS gapped K-connection. Next, some further aspects of HSS connection design are explored, including combined loading on members, circular HSS webs to rectangular HSS chords, reinforced connections, and multiplanar connections. Finally, take-away rules are emphasized.
Eligibility for CEUs
CEUs will be issued for this webinar to participants that meet the following criteria:
- Participant must attend at least 75% of the webinar
- CEUs are only eligible for a participant with a 90% attention rating. In order to maximize your rating the webinar must be full screen. Working on other things while the webinar is running (i.e. not full attention) minimizes your attention rating. The webinar platform automatically tracks your rating.
- CEUs are issued to the registered contact person only (person with assigned seat)
- Upon your purchase, you will receive an email to register course participant seat(s). Assignment of your seat is necessary for course registration, a necessary step, even if you have purchased only one. Please check your junk folder if not in your inbox. An email for course material downloads (if applicable), will be provided after checkout. Courses are non-refundable. Rescheduling may be possible (conditions apply) up to 3 business days prior to the start of the course.
- This course includes pdf handouts.