Introduction to Hollow Structural Sections (course)
Regular price $195.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Webinar - 0.15 CEU
Duration: 1h 35 min
This module will serve as an introduction to Hollow Structural Sections (HSS) covering the history, applications, manufacturing methods and common specifications of HSS.
The goals of the course are:
- Understand the unique characteristics and advantages of HSS in various applications.
- Learn the various manufacturing methods used to produce HSS
- Learn about the common North American material specifications and the current changes and updates of those specifications
- Understand the differences between the common material specifications
- Identify which material specification is suitable for various applications
- Learn about the availability of HSS relative to size range and material specification
This module will benefit the designer who has not had much previous exposure to HSS as well as those who need updated, current information.
Eligibility for CEUs
CEUs will be issued for this webinar to participants that meet the following criteria:
- Participant must attend at least 75% of the webinar
- CEUs are only eligible for a participant with a 90% attention rating. In order to maximize your rating the webinar must be full screen. Working on other things while the webinar is running (i.e. not full attention) minimizes your attention rating. The webinar platform automatically tracks your rating.
- CEUs are issued to the registered contact person only (person with assigned seat)
- Upon your purchase, you will receive an email to register course participant seat(s). Assignment of your seat is necessary for course registration, a necessary step, even if you have purchased only one. Please check your junk folder if not in your inbox. An email for course material downloads (if applicable), will be provided after checkout. Courses are non-refundable. Rescheduling may be possible (conditions apply) up to 3 business days prior to the start of the course.
- This course includes pdf handouts.