CISC Seismic Design of Industrial Structures and CSA S16-14 Annex M - Session 1
Session 1 - 0.15 CEU
Understanding the basic principles of the seismic design requirements of steel buildings will help to elevate the efficiency of the construction of industrial steel structures. While referencing the National Building Code of Canada (NBCC) 2015 and Clause 27 of CSA S16-14, this course will help to familiarize you with seismic design parameters and with seismic base shear calculations. Additionally, Annex M of CSA S16-14 will be introduced and explained.
This is the first session of a two-part webinar. In this session, the following will be presented:
- Characteristics of Industrial Steel Buildings & Structures
- Seismic Force Resisting Systems
- Seismic Response Spectra
- Site Response Spectra
- Site Class and Site Coefficients
- Example Structure 1
- Base Shear Calculations
- Structural Irregularities
- Methods of Analysis
- Notional Loads and P-Delta Effects
- Several days prior to your course start date, you will receive an email registration link and further information as required. An email for course material downloads (if applicable), will be provided after checkout. Courses are non-refundable. Rescheduling may be possible (conditions apply) up to 3 business days prior to the start of the course.
- This course includes pdf handouts.