Construction Engineering for Structural Steel Erection 101 (course)
Webinar - 0.2 CEU
Duration: 2h 12 min
Construction Engineering deals with the technical designing, planning, and management of construction activities for erecting steel structures. In many jurisdictions, safety requirements mandate that structural steel erection plans must be certified by a professional engineer. These engineered plans are critical to the safe erection of a steel structure by ensuring that all environmental and construction loads are supported by the structure when it is only partially erected.
In addition to the structural steel erection plan, many other supporting activities require the technical expertise of a trained Construction Engineer. Fall protection systems are critical to the safety of the erecting crews. Temporary structures must provide safe access and egress to construction locations. Steel must be properly rigged and lifted safely into position, and cranes must be able to support the loads without the risk of collapse.
This webinar will give participants a basic foundational knowledge of construction engineering requirements for erecting steel structures.
Eligibility for CEUs
CEUs will be issued for this webinar to participants that meet the following criteria:
- Participant must attend at least 75% of the webinar
- CEUs are only eligible for a participant with a 90% attention rating. In order to maximize your rating the webinar must be full screen. Working on other things while the webinar is running (i.e. not full attention) minimizes your attention rating. The webinar platform automatically tracks your rating.
- CEUs are issued to the registered contact person only (person with assigned seat)
- Upon your purchase, you will receive an email to register course participant seat(s). Assignment of your seat is necessary for course registration, a necessary step, even if you have purchased only one. Please check your junk folder if not in your inbox. An email for course material downloads (if applicable), will be provided after checkout. Courses are non-refundable. Rescheduling may be possible (conditions apply) up to 3 business days prior to the start of the course.
- This course includes pdf handouts.